DAO Day Estonia conference organizer INO MTÜ is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
INO MTÜ is a non-profit organization (Mittetulundusühing i.e. MTÜ in Estonian or NGO in English) founded with the goal of finding ways to reduce legal risks and test the suitability of Estonia’s legal framework for DAOs, as well as develop tooling and legal wrappers for DAOs by leveraging Estonia’s digital residency and identity system.
We are located in Tallinn, Estonia. The registered office address is Lelle 24, Tallinn, 11317, Estonia.
What data do we collect and keep?
We collect and keep the following personal data:
- Your first and last name
- The name of the company you work for and your job title
- The country you come from
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The category in which you fall under – guest, investor, media, student, speaker, startup
- Postal code
We may also collect (anonymous) feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, emails and post-conference surveys.
On our website, we may collect the IP address and activities taken on the website.
If you choose to purchase a conference ticket from us, we, our ticketing provider and/or our third-party payment processors shall collect your payment information. DAO Day Estonia does not collect or process any special categories of personal data such as publicly available unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
When do we collect your personal data?
- You use our website
- You purchase a conference ticket
- You sign up for media accreditation via our media accreditation application form
- You sign up to be a conference volunteer via our volunteer sign-up form
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data mainly to keep you informed of DAO Day Estonia conference news and updates, to send you information regarding the purchased ticket(s), and to perform direct sales of DAO Day Estonia conference tickets further on.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing communications that you have requested. These may include information and updates about the DAO Day Estonia conference itself (e.g., venue, side activities, related content, conference program and any other relevant details about the conference), our conference tickets, our conference sponsors, promotions related to our conference and tickets and promotions of our associated sponsors and partners’ products or services. This communication is based on subscription and requires your consent
- To send you information about your conference ticket(s) that you have purchased from us
- To perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established
- To notify you about any problems or disruptions related to the DAO Day Estonia conference
Most of our services do not require any kind of registration, which allows you to visit our website without telling us who you are. However, some services – such as purchasing our conference tickets, registering as a volunteer, and media accreditation – shall require you to provide us with your personal data. In this case, if you choose to withhold any of the personal data we request, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website (for example, the payment confirmation page), subscribe to relevant activities and for us to answer you on your queries.
- Improve our service
- Improve user experience
- Analyze and improve our content
- Analyze how our website is being used
- Analyze and monitor conversions of our ticket sales
This information is used to make our website work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to DAO Day Estonia, and to collect such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of Internet Service Provider (ISP), etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use our website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technologies is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. If you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, here are the links to help you with your cookie management:
For all other browsers and mobile devices, please refer to the relevant technical information of your browser and mobile device for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies as well as other tracking/recording tools.
If you would like to learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Legal basis for collecting your personal data
Collecting personal data based on consent
The collection of your personal data based on consent shall be done using consent forms. Consent forms are legal documents that serve as written permission to send or receive information. Consent forms shall store documentation related to the consent given by you. Individual consent shall always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. In practice, in order to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment should be made during which a mutual interest between DAO Day Estonia and the data subjects should be identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We shall always inform data subjects about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store your personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your personal data was collected, while also considering our need to resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we shall delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data shall be anonymized.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share your personal data with any third parties without your consent, with exception to Third-Party Service and/or Product Providers who are partners and/or sponsors of DAO Day Estonia. We may pass your personal data on to our partners (e.g. registration service provider, payment service provider), sponsors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing you relevant services that are happening at or are in direct relation to the DAO Day Estonia conference.
If required by law we shall disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a legal entity, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we shall do out utmost to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that DAO Day Estonia retains about you
- The right to request that DAO Day Estonia corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for DAO Day Estonia to retain such data
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive our newsletters:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to our newsletters, please make use of the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletters to manage your subscriptions
- If you want to withdraw your consent to our press releases, please let us know by sending an email to us at [email protected]
- The right to request that DAO Day Estonia provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing
Any query about your privacy rights should be sent to [email protected]
If we make amendments that significantly alter our privacy practices, we shall notify you by email with a notice prior to the amendments taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact [email protected]
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Estonian supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authority can be contacted at:
Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate: